Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Rewind: Christmas in Utah

We left for Utah Friday morning and stopped in St. George for the night and got to Salt Lake Saturday afternoon around 1:30. It was really nice to break up the drive and it was really cold in St. George so I got to drink some free hot chocolate by the fireplace in our room! I was so excited about the fireplace. Thank you, Mark for letting us use his hotel points from traveling for business! 


Me and Kylie before leaving for the family Christmas Eve party


 Pretty sure it was Monday morning, Mom took us to The Original Pancake House. I had waffles and Kyle had the ginormous breakfast burrito (with a side of pancakes)! I really liked it! It is a lot of food, so be prepared to be full for a while!


Our neighbors that lived below us, The Morris', the wife, Bree, was chosen to design an ornament for the Macy's window display at City Creek. She is a graphic designer and the whole thing is made out of candy! Her design is the Hot Cocoa.





Checking out Temple Square Lights! It was cold, but luckily not too windy!








Kyle and I made (ok, well mostly Kyle made, but I came up with the idea and got everything together) mom a book lamp for Christmas, so she can put in her office at the library. Those are real books from the BYU Library that they weren't going to use anymore. Shhh.


 It snowed like 6 inches Christmas Day! I was so excited to have some snow this winter because that is all I know. It was nice to just have snow for a short time and was pretty happy Kyle got to have a white Christmas on Christmas day!



 Saturday, we had to drive through the snow until after Beaver and our car was filthy! We have a dark grey/black car and it looked white! Mom's car is white and hers looked brown! She drove down with us to take a vacation at our place in SD for New Years. Luckily, we all made it to SD safe and sound. It was a lovely Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment