Thursday, December 04, 2014

November

Earlier in the month of November I was interviewed and offered a position to work at Palomar in Physical Therapy as a Rehab Aide in Poway. I started my first full day yesterday and it was overwhelming and busy. One of our receptionists called in sick the day before and the other aide is trained in clerical stuff, so she had to help a lot with that. So I was thrown into the craziness and definitely felt like I could not do everything. I was the only helper for seven therapists and their patients. And I knew nobody's name yet. Luckily at the end of the day, a couple of the therapists commented on how well they thought I did and that they had never had someone just start doing everything on their own like that before. Hopefully it will end up going smoother once the other person comes back from being sick and the other aide can help me out.

We also found out that Ian and Whitney are not moving to Utah! Ian got a better promotion at work and they are allowing him to get his MBA from BYU. I am really happy they are not moving because we get to spend more time with them and Adelaide!

Thanksgiving went well and it was a busy week. I made the green bean casserole and the sweet potato casserole. The sweet potato casserole was a hit.

The day after Thanksgiving was one of Kyle's best friend's wedding. Collin and Lauren were engaged right before we moved, so we knew they would be getting married in San Diego after Thanksgiving. A couple days before the wedding we were kind of busy getting together with friends as a lot of them came from out of town. We were all able to go to the temple together for Lauren to go through the temple for the first time. The next day we all went to Pizza Port in Carlsbad for the bachelorette party. It was pretty tasty, worth a trip to try it. The wedding was Friday. It was 85 degrees and very hot and bright! The reception and wedding were simple, less was more. I really enjoyed that aspect of the wedding.

Saturday I got sick. I woke up congested and later that night I tried to eat dinner, but after 2 bites I felt like the food was not going down and I couldn't breathe. I had the reflex to throw up but I was only throwing up mucus. It was a lot of mucus for about 20 minutes. I eventually vomited my 2 bites of dinner and that was finally the end of it. Today I have a stuffy, runny nose and a cough. I think the dry air, weather changing, and my allergies were a big part of getting sick. I hope I am on the mend sooner than later because I am starting my job.

We are also excited to be traveling to Utah for Christmas from the 20-26. I am excited to go back and see family, as well as eat Cafe Rio and Gandolfo's. Kyle and I are thinking about making a list of places or things we want to do while we are there, so we make sure it happens. 

Reality is starting to set in that maybe in 3 months or less we may be starting to hear from PA schools. I am getting anxious and nervous, but I feel that something good must be coming our way since we felt like we needed to move here.




Kyle's friends he grew up with in Escondido
Kyle's friends and leaders he grew up with in Church




No comments:

Post a Comment