So, lately we have been keeping up with the busyness. April is has to be the busiest month of the year in college. Hardly a day on our calendar is not filled out with some event or normal routines. Honestly all Kyle and I really do is go to school 5 days a week and work in between. We really are hard workers! Then usually if something comes up with friends or family we try to make time for it. The past 3 weeks have been full of something happening every weekend.
The last couple days of March were Easter. On Saturday we went over to Scott and Emily's house at noon and helped them finish preparing some food. Knowing my family, Mom, Aaron, Rebecca, Andrew and the kids were an hour late. Brita and Lane, Scott's sister, with their two cute girls were there around the time everyone was supposed to show up and it was funny watching the girls chase the cat around. So right before everyone got there we started getting the easter eggs ready to dye. Luckily, Andrew and Rebecca showed up just in time and we were able to help a lot of kids get their easter eggs dyed. It is usually a messy job, but the kids were not bad. Just have to watch out for the splashes. After dying easter eggs we were about ready to eat food finally! We had ham, potatoes, salad, salad, cupcakes, and rolls. There was a lot of food, but I got full pretty fast. After lunch, we had a couple of easter egg hunts for the kids, then we watched How To Train a Dragon while the adult boys went downstairs and played Halo 4. I could not decide what I wanted to do, so I went back and forth between watching the movie and hanging out downstairs. Everyone hung out until after the movie then it was time to go. Kyle and I stayed a little later and went to CPK for dinner and got Emily her slice of cheesecake from the cheesecake factory since she had a coupon. After dinner we were all tired and Emily's back hurt so Kyle and I went home. Sunday for actual Easter, Kyle and I went up Salt Lake and went to church with my mom and grandma and they had some Easter musical numbers then after church Aaron and Emily came over for dinner. We had chicken parmesan and mashed potatoes and veggies and rolls and fruit. After dinner we all stayed a little while then went home. Kyle and I had a test that week, so it was good to go home to get some rest after a busy weekend.
Now at the beginning of April we had a few more tests and projects to finish up because the last day of classes were coming up in a couple weeks. So we were basically just busy working on school. It was also General Conference so pretty much all day Saturday and Sunday we were spending our time watching it. Sunday morning we had a breakfast for conference with Kyle's friends and made breakfast burritos. After the morning session Kyle and I went home. By the last session on Sunday Kyle and I were getting antsy from sitting all weekend, but there wasn't much we could do about it. Overall Conference always has good things to say and hear and make goals from. Then after Conference it was back to the grind and Kyle and I took our last chem midterm! As well as finish up more projects and tests. Blah.
Then this past weekend we were able to go to Andrew and Rebecca's sacrament meeting because Jame's was being blessed. He is such a sweetheart and he has a lot of family to love him. Kyle and I were able to go to the blessing and stay after for a couple hours but had to leave around 6 because Whitney, Kyle's sister-in-law, was in town with her 6 month old baby Adelaide! Kyle and I had not seen Adelaide since Thanksgiving when she was a month old! So we had to make a small trip to visit them. Whitney was staying at her sister's place who lives very close to my grandma, so after holding and playing with Adelaide for a couple of hours we stopped by grandma's to talk to my mom about my birthday and graduation plans. We didn't get home until a little later than we wanted, but we made it to bed before too late.
Now today, Tuesday, is our last day of classes for winter semester and NEXT week Kyle and I will be walking at our graduation ceremony! However, we still have May and a couple weeks in June to go until we are actually finished with school, but this is really happening!
I am grateful to be able to be getting a bachelor's degree and for Kyle to be finishing as well! And we are super proud and thankful to our parents and families for helping us along the way. We are so excited to have them coming out next week to celebrate with us!
Realizing that in a couple of months Kyle and I will be finished is an intimidating thought. We have plans and faith that things will work out, but I hope do they work out! We will have a lot of work ahead of us, but super stoked to be moving on with our lives and doing it together. It will a fun adventure to see where we go in life!
I know, it is kind of unreal being done with my last undergraduate class! I wish I could graduate as soon as you two... I still have another year!
ReplyDelete