So what we have been busy doing? Let me try to recall, it will be difficult, so I am sorry if the details are very lacking. But I will do what I can.
At the beginning of March we went to Vegas for the weekend to spend time with my in-laws Mark and Trudy. They had a time share/condo for that time so we went for a quick visit. Kyle and I could not leave until after classes and got to Vegas by 6. More like 5:30, but we had to sit in horrible traffic getting off the freeway on a Friday night. After we arrived it was time for dinner so we all went to Pollo Loco and then went back to the condo to watch the James Bond new movie Skyfall. I got Kyle that movie for Valentine's Day so we brought it with us. On Saturday they made breakfast and took our time getting ready. We then headed out to Hoover Dam. We took a route to get there through a small town and stopped for lunch. I cannot remember the place, but we ate a small casual restaurant and we all enjoyed our food. It was a beautiful day in the 70's already, so it was going to be nice to be outside at the dam. We took the tour at the dam and walked across the pretty new bridge. I had been here about 2 years ago with my mom and brother, so everything was pretty much the same since then, but Kyle and his parents have not been in a while so it is always interesting to learn about it again. It was a really pretty day and not too windy, because it can get pretty windy out there. The dam took us a couple of hours to go through, but it was worth it. Afterwards we went and got some ice cream cones at McDonald's. After McDonald's, I was so tired for some reason I feel asleep in the car after we left. We were then on our way to go to visit, for me meet, Kyle's Uncle, and Trudy's brother, Terry. He lives in Blue Diamond. When they told me middle of nowhere, I was thinking a small town, nothing extremely in the middle of nowhere, but he really lives in a concentrated town in the middle of nowhere by the Nevada Mountains. There was only one sign that pointed to his town, and the sign was pretty much at the end of this driveway, that the drives up to the town. Pretty funny. Before we stopped by, we stopped by another place called Bonnie Spring? For now I will call it Old Nevada since that is what the covered wagon said. That place had a lot of peacocks and ducks running around and small zoo, but it was closed when we arrived. After walking around a little bit and making a bathroom stop, we arrived at Uncle Terry's house. He talked to us for a while and gave us a tour of his home and then we went to the park and watched him play in his bluegrass band. Needless to say, we didn't say super long. But a funny memory to remember. We still had not had dinner yet so we stopped by Jack-in-the-box where we also saw and had a pretty lengthy discussion on sagging pants. haha. Mark did not enjoy that topic, but it made me laugh. We attempted to watch Skyfall again that night, but everyone pretty much fell asleep. Sunday we attended church and had a nice testimony meeting and then got some lunch before Kyle and I had to leave. Overall, it was a nice weekend. it just always goes by way too fast. It will much more enjoyable to go on vacations when we don't have to worry about school homework or tests coming up.
*****
Then last weekend Emily and Scott asked if Kyle and I would be able to help them paint their baby room. The weather had been nice, so they could open their windows and it was a good time to get some painting done. We had a bbq and I ran some errands with Emily while the guys painted. I at least helped put all the tape on before. After some primer and a coat, mom, scott, emily, me, and kyle headed to the REAL soccer game. It was a beautiful day, sunny and warm, a little windy, but not too bad until the sun went down. Luckily the sun went down after the game since the game was at 4. REAL tied 1-1, but we good views of both goals, so it was worth it. After the game, we took the tracks back to scott and emily's house and went and picked up pizza from papa murphy's. After we cooked one of the pizzas, we started the movie wreck it ralph because kyel and I brought it and none of us had seen it yet. Thanks to Collin for letting us borrow it. Our blu ray player was not playing movies the night before, so that is also why we wanted to watch it at scott and emily's. After the movie, it was pretty late, so we went home and took some left over pizza with us.
So that has pretty much been all the fun stuff we have been up to. It is nearing toward the end of the semester, only 3 weeks left, but who's counting? We are getting excited to finish off this really hard semester, excited for family to come for graduation, and getting anxious for Kyle to start applying to PA school in about a month!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment