Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Plans

January 1, more significant than any other first day of the other 11 months because it is the marker of whatever significance people what want to make it mean to them all over the world! All over the world, I tell you! All the holidays that differentiate between countries and continents and this holiday is the same to everyone all over the world! Anyways,

This year feels different because last year I just had a feeling and knew something was coming. however, this year it is more like, we have plans and goals, but how are we going to make it happen and when will it happen? That's the unknown that always pushes me to my worry state. However, I just try to count my blessings right now and take it days at a time. Which brings me to what I really want to say on here:

I have been thinking I really want to continue my education after the bachelors degree. I took a sociology course last semester and really learned about how important education is to society and to your life. I have been really thinking that the kind of life I want my family and future family to have is continuing my education is where I want to start. With graduation coming up, I'm thinking, what? Am I really graduating? I'm not ready. This can't be it! I just want more of something for some reason. No plans have changed with Kyle's decisions on PA school, but I think I am changing my mind about the direction I want to go in school. Working in a physical therapy place has really opened me to see what I am good at, what I am not good at, and where I want to steer my career goals to. I still love the health and wellness side of my learning, however, I realized I do not like the nitty gritty figuring out doctor stuff. Blec. What I do find myself constantly wondering about is how to keep encouraging and educating patients to believe in rehabilitation, keep themselves well and healthy. I love answering their questions and see a light bulb go on in their head. So I have been doing some research into the health and wellness side of science, and looking at courses and future programs. and right now I am really interested in (drumroll......) HEALTH AND WELLNESS MANAGEMENT. I like the idea of promotion and educating. I like to be a leader of certain groups and control the outcome. And the idea of making the world and people healthier one place or one person at a time.

Leap of faith

I know, I know, now you are thinking I am like a little kid who changes their mind about what they want to be everyday of the week. And why now? Why decide right before I am about to graduate, to do something different than what my plan was from 5 years before! I know crazy! But I have really been feeling like more education is the way to go. Especially with this economy and demands and provide a good life for our family, I believe one day I will make it happen. Who knows exactly when or where, but that will come. We have some other plans first, but I will continue to follow my dreams the best I can and be the best person I am supposed to be. This is my new years resolution. 

searching...

So with that said, my ultimate goal is to try and plan really hard to take the GRE by the end of the year 2013. Scores are good for 5 years, so it would be best to do it as soon as possible. And then we'll go from there. 

discovery

No comments:

Post a Comment