Sunday, December 30, 2012

Christmas

Kyle and I started our Winter break festivities by going to see the drive through light display at Thanksgiving point with Emily and Scott. We went out to eat at JCWs beforehand and when we went to drive through the lights, it was actually shorter than we thought it would be. It took like ten or fifteen minutes depending on how slow you drive by, but it was still entertaining.




 It was either the next day or later that week after seeing the lights at Thanksgiving Point, Kyle, my mom and I went to the Salt Lake City Temple to do sealings. We had to wait for the next opening and got to sit in the celestial room for like 20 minutes. It was neat and reminded me a lot of the Manti temple. In the sealing, my mom happened to see our old bishop from Missouri when we first moved there, Bishop Cutler, who was a witness. It was an unexpected reunion and funny because only in Utah would that happen. After the temple we met up with Aaron and walked around Temple square looking at the lights. They didn't decorate the big red tree by the gate this year, but everything else was pretty much the same. We kind rushed a tiny bit because it was freezing outside and Kyle and Aaron were hungry. So we headed to the food court at city creek and got some chinese food. That food court was hoppin' I tell ya. It was so busy and SO many strollers! I like loathe strollers because they show no mercy to pedestrians!

                                    

                                            

Here we are visiting the humongous Christmas tree in the Joseph Smith Building.  
 

 Here we are on Christmas morning! Yay for our first Christmas in our apartment! It was funny because all the wrapping paper and boxes from unwrapping presents covered our floor and we could not walk anywhere! haha Now our Christmas tree is down however because we needed the space in our apartment! Kyle also took the liberty to rearrange our apartment after he took our tree down and it looks good! It looks a lot more open and looks like we have more space. Oh married student life. I'm learning to live and love it.

And just because Madeline is so cute, I wanted to post a picture of her. We slept over at Emily and Scott's and how could I not take a picture of her?

No comments:

Post a Comment