Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Happenings

November is always a crazy month and it flies by. Since I last updated, Kyle and I celebrated our 6 months. We didn't do anything out of the ordinary because we had a busy weekend and we were having a busy week at school. So that Monday night we went to dinner at La Jolla Groves at the Riverwoods. Pretty delicious place and it is kind of fancy so I always feel out of place, but I really like their food, so it was perfect. (I also love that when we go out we go on week nights, no matter where we go, service is so much better and there is no waiting!) Afterwords we headed to the small bowling alley they have at the provo beach resort. So, worst bowling alley ever. haha, it is cheap because the pins are hooked onto wires, so it makes it way harder to knock them over and you just get jipped all the time. We had fun regardless and didn't do too bad. Pretty much after that it was late Monday night and went home. I just love being with Kyle no matter what we are doing. So I think it was a fun celebration.


After the festivities we prepared for a mini Thanksgiving with my siblings, nieces and nephews, mom, and grandma. It was our traditional meal and very yummy. That night my mom and I made Kyle and I Christmas stockings. I really dislike the ones in the stores because they look to me tacky and cheap.


After that weekend, we prepared for our trip to San Diego for Thanksgiving. The drive went well to and from. We also were able to spend the whole week just hanging out and being with family. Especially to hold and play with the babies, Riley and Adelaide. Sadly, Kyle got sick while we were there. We think it was from the stress the week before and caught up with him from the break. luckily, he has been feeling better recently. Thanksgiving was a blast. I really enjoyed it being pretty low key and just spending time hanging out with everyone. We went to black Friday with some of our friends in SD and pretty much just picked up tons of movies. But it was so worth it. The next day we had Family pictures since in the last 6 months 3 people were added to the family! (including me :) ) Pictures are ya know...pictures...the best part was going out to eat afterward. I also really enjoyed going bowling with the siblings. I won 2 out of 3 games! It was fun to just have a friendly competition since we are all competitive. haha. I also enjoyed playing games with the siblings and Kyle and I teaching them Golf from SkipBo. They really enjoyed that one. It was so relaxing to be just be able to spend time and catch up with family. Especially after the crazy weeks we had had at school. Unfortunately, the break always goes by way too fast. But on the bright side, this upcoming week is the last week of school and finals! Woo-hoo! Kyle and I are finally on the home stretch toward graduation. I am excited for next semester!






We have also been busy catching up on putting our Christmas decorations up. We have a tree and it's almost decorated. So that's awesome. Kyle's parents got a new tree, so we got their old tree for free! It works great in our apartment and was nice to not have to worry about buying a tree this year.


Well, life is moving and excited for Christmas and the end of the semester!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had a fun trip here! next time we will have to have you guys over! Too bad you guys aren't coming for Christmas! Cute stockings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay, now i can view your blog! it looks great! have a fun merry christmas, we love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, it was fun to see my kids photo's on your blog :) thanks!

    ReplyDelete