Saturday, January 26, 2013

Happenings: New Year, New Adventures

So life has been a little busy since Christmas break and I figured I should start updating. Nothing incredibly exciting has happened, as in anything new with Kyle and I. Just normal day to day college student stuff I guess you could say.

So here we go, January 7: school started again. What is significant about this semester is that it is both our last full 16 or so week semester before graduation! After graduation we will both be taking a 6-8 week term to finish up one or two classes. So that is exciting. One thing that is unique about my schedule this semester is I have a couple of activity classes just so I can gain credits! Well, I am taking volleyball and seriously after the second day of class my arms were bruised purple! It was embarrassing. They aren't getting bruised anymore so that is a relief!

So for the last 3 weeks we have been getting into the routine of school work again. But during the in between weeks, the week of January 14, that Thursday the 17th Kyle and I babysat for my brother and sil, Andrew and Rebecca. Everything went well that night and the kids had fun playing hair salon with Kyle. I was just glad it wasn't me and my hair. But that night right before Andrew and Rebecca came home my mom called me and told me that Rebecca (who was 37.5 weeks pregnant?) that she was going to be induced the next morning on Friday. The baby's real due date was for February 3rd. So this came kind of suddenly. Anyway, the next day Rebecca and Andrew were at the hospital super early in the morning and she was induced fairly soon after they arrived. Well luckily, I work in/next to the hospital they were at and was able to visit them after work around 6pm. Andrew had texted me at work about most likely watching the kids again that night seeing as the baby had not arrived yet. So after work I went straight to their house and Kyle met me there and brought us dinner. The kids had already eaten because my mom was there until she had to go to a play that evening and return later. So I ended up convincing my nieces and nephews to let us watch the BYU volleyball game on tv because they were playing the #1 team in the nation. I made them popcorn and so they consented sort of. All of them were not feeling so great that night so they ended up falling asleep right before BYU won the game. By the time we put them to bed and my mom got back to stay the night, Andrew texted us that our new nephew James was born! Sadly, the next day we found out that they put James in the NICU that night because of pneumonia. So on Saturday we stopped by to get my car from Andrew because I let him use it to get back home from the hospital, and Sunday we had gone back to help my mom watch the kids because no one was sure when James would come home. And unfortunately, he is still there until only hopefully this Saturday. So we have been anxiously waiting for him to get home and visit them again. So that was a crazy weekend.


We had Monday off of school for Martin Luther King day, but I had to work so that pretty much took up my whole day. boo. But it was whatever. Then this last Tuesday Andrew called Kyle to have him come help him give James a blessing and we were the first ones to get to see James in the NICU. hehe. We weren't there very long because it was late. But that was ok with with us. So slowly we have been trying to get back into the swing of things, but were grateful that we could help Andrew and Rebecca with whatever they needed. However, I think Kyle picked up the kids sickies because he now has a runny nose and headache. But probably because they were all taking turns sitting on his lap all weekend! But he'll be ok.


Also recently, earlier this week my sister finally announced that she is pregnant and their baby is due in August! I am excited for them because it is their first child and I have already designated myself as baby shower planner/hostess! So i have been pinning baby shower ideas on pinterest like crazy. I am also grateful I will be done with school by the time we throw her a baby shower. I think it will be fun.

So yeah, that's about it, all of my other family has been hogging all of the exciting news, but we are ok with that!

This week Kyle's Sister Michelle and her husband Ryan and their sons Tyler and Riley are visiting Utah so we got to visit with them shortly on Thursday because the weather was so bad, but we get to see them on Sunday as well and spend some more time with them. So busy busy, but I hope these next couple of months go by fast and this cold weather goes away soon!

Thinking warm thoughts and ta ta for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment