Thursday, August 23, 2012

Our Before School Starts Vacation

On Friday, August 3rd, Kyle and were packed and driving south on our way to San Diego. We stayed ten days and got our last minute vacation in before school starts this coming Monday (That's another whole subject I've been thinking about a lot recently).  We arrived Saturday afternoon and caught up with everyone on what was happening. A reason we chose to go back to San Diego was because Michelle had her baby, Riley Dawson Williams on July 3rd, a month earlier. He struggled as a pre-me(?) and was in the NICU a whole week! Poor baby and all of Kyle's family was just re-cooperating from all the stress. But by the time we saw him, he was doing really well and we were so happy to be able to hold our new nephew! Sunday was family time, handing out thank you cards, and had everyone over for dinner. Monday, Kyle, dad, and brother went golfing for several hours. Michelle, Ryan, Tyler, and Riley all came for a swim for a few hours. After they left, Trudy and I ran some errands and then she asked me to show her around Pinterest some more. By that time, the guys were home and took us out for ice cream. I ordered the blizzard of the month, and in the picture is was chocolate ice cream. When they brought me the blizzard, it wasn't chocolate. The guy said we have to specify for chocolate ice cream unless it comes that way. Well, I felt bad about not knowing that, but then they said they would remake it for me. It worked out, but it was really confusing! I learned something about ordering at Dairy Queen that night: the picture does not specify the ice cream flavor you get! You have to specify it, so remember that. Tuesday was the big day of Kyle and I driving to LA to go to Six Flags Magic Mountain! It was so fun, minus it was SO HOT! Waiting in line, in a desert, you need to keep your sugars and water up! Kyle and I drank so much soda and water, it was kinda ridiculous. After every ride we were going to the bathroom, almost. But it's better than passing out! Which people did. It's a good thing Kyle and I understand Physiology, so we could take care of ourselves. Yay for being educated! Anyways, our favorite rides were the X2, Goliath, and Lex Luthers Drop of Doom! The X2 is roller coaster where your seats spin 360 degrees and the Drop of Doom, is a Free fall ride, that's the tallest in the world! So fun! Then Goliath, you experience some MAJOR G FORCES on that thing. You literally have to break and almost stop in the middle of the ride just to slow down or you would probably black out cause you were going so fast. Pretty crazy and fun! But we were starting to feel old, because by the time we left, we were starting to feel motion sick from all the loopy-loop rides. Oh well, it was still fun and so awesome!
We ended up going to bed early because we were exhausted! We had to get up early the next day also because we were going to the temple the next morning. It was nice to do a session again and think of the memories of getting married there 3 months ago. After the temple, we went and got ourselves burritos in La Jolla. After lunch we changed and went to the cove to go snorkeling. The water was a little chilly, but I survived. The tide was up though and there was so much seaweed! It was a wonder that we still saw fish snorkeling! There were even seals or sea lions? (I get them confused) swimming, but I was too scared to get close enough to see them swim in the water. Coming back to shore was the worst part because the tide knocked me over and left seaweed coming out of my swimsuit everywhere! It was fun, but at the same time, high tide is not for me. Thursday, I think that was when we went to the SD zoo. Trudy and Grandma have passes, so we got to go for free. It was my first time there. It. Is. HUGE. We only saw some of the animals we wanted to see and left because it was getting HOT again. But we were still there for a couple of hours! We really like the jaguars. There were two cubs and a mom playing together, so that was fun to see. Not very often you get to see the kitty's playing together.  Friday, Truday, Ian, and Kyle took me Deep Sea Fishing. Boy, that is an experience all in itself. I did not do well with the rocking of the boat at first, and I was feeling really tired because we woke up at 4:30 in the morning! Once we got to our first fishing spot an hour away, I was feeling lots better and being anchored helped a lot. Trudy and Ian caught some of the first fish of the morning. Then we didn't have much luck. It wasn't until moving around a couple of times and getting some pointers from the skipper on fly fishing, we started reeling a few more in. I originally hooked 4 all together, but only reeled in 2. Not bad. Kyle only caught 1. So I feel pretty proud I caught a few. And oh yeah, Trudy and I were the only girls on the boat. I was too chicken still to hook the bait on the hooks, so Kyle and Trudy were super nice to bait my hook whenever I needed to. Maybe one day I'll get over it, but that day was not that day! We got pretty burned/tan from being outside most of that day, but it went well. I would do it again. Definitely makes my arms tired though, but I'm ok with that. And by the time we were going back to the dock place, I wasn't getting motion sick at all. So horray for now knowing I don't get sea sick, just takes some getting used to at first. Saturday was Trudy's birthday, and the whole family came over for hamburgers and swimming and cake/brownies/fudge sundaes. She said she had a really good birthday and we were glad to be there to celebrate with everyone. Sunday we did our last minute visits and spent what time we had left with family. Monday we headed out by 9 am ish and arrived home in time to relax and go to bed for work and get into the working to live mode again. Such is life.

***Sorry for the lack of pictures, I found out when we were at six flags my camera was dead and I did not bring my charger! Yeah, lesson learned. It was a hard lesson learned...I was pretty upset. But we'll just have to do it all over again to get pictures! And that is ok with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment