Monday, September 03, 2012

Vacation Is Over

School started last Monday. Kyle and I were actually anxious to get school started because we are ready to get closer to finishing our final year at BYU and start figuring out what the next step is for us after BYU. We know for certain Kyle will graduate in April. He is finishing his Exercise Science Major and is mainly finishing his History minor. We decided to keep him in school full time til April because that way we get more grant money and we can walk at graduation together! I will actually finish up my major in Exercise Science by April, but have to take some extra credits in order to graduate. You have to have 120 credits to graduate, and upon completing my major, I will be 5 credits shy of 120, so I will end up taking about 2 classes in the spring semester, which is the end of April through mid-June. I am planning on walking in April, and finish up in June. I'm sure I will feel slightly confused thinking I will have graduated, but still have to take 2 more classes. After I finish my last 2 classes in June, they will mail me my diploma and my name will be in the August graduation program officially. So I will have to pick up one of those in the summer. However, this fall semester, I am trying to encourage Kyle to start picking more PA schools he would be interested in attending/applying to. He is really nervous about it because he has never really applied for anything. His mom actually applied for him to go to BYU after his mission and she told him he was going, and wa-la, here he is! So he is nervous about applying for something he really wants and worried about the possibility of not actually getting what he wants. So I am trying to encourage and support him that he can accomplish and get into ANY school he wants. I have been there, having applied to BYU, I did not have the greatest ACT score, and I wasn't top of my class, but I made it in because I knew I was going to. I know Kyle can do the same. He is very smart in science, is wonderful working with people, and he would be the best PA in the history of PA's. So that's our plan for the future upcoming year.
This year, we both have busy classes and schedules. Both working part time and going full time to school. We;re always in a little over drive. First week of school we finally got our schedules settled and hoping to get settled in a routine. We were so exhausted after this week, we were both really grateful for the 3-day weekend. However, we are looking forward to it and finishing what we started. Along with a stressful week however, come unexpected happenings. I found out a week ago that my wedding ring chipped. The centerpiece chipped, and luckily the ring is still under warranty, we were able to find a jeweler open this weekend to replace it for us. And believe me, a lot of jewelers were closed this weekend! Still disappointed this happened, but while it is fixed, Kyle still wanted me to have something to wear on my ring finger, so we went to Icing (by Claire's) and got me a fake, but reasonably good looking ring. It's been kinda funny wearing a plastic ring, so at least it has humored us. Also, this morning, I went to put my glasses on, and they broke. The long ear piece part, just snapped. Kyle super glued it together for now, but I guess that means, time for new glasses. I've had these for 5 years I think. That's a long time for glasses. I need a new prescription in my glasses anyway, cause my old ones were starting to hurt my eyes. I am also kind of worrying about my prescription pills because I didn't know the insurance from Roberta's old  job was going to end so soon. So I am trying to wait for the new coverage and hopefully it will all work out. Ah, life....what's next? Let's hope no more surprises.

Wish us luck this year! We're looking forward to it!

2 comments:

  1. Brianna, the insurance will be retroactive and we have money in the HSA to cover any prescriptions you need. Please fill your prescription and send me the receipt. Your dad and I will send you a check. We will be able to get the money out of the HSA and submit it to the insurance once COBRA or Hallmark is active, whichever we end up doing. Do not not get your prescriptions filled. Just send us the receipt so we can reimburse you for the cost from the HSA and submit it to insurance once it has been renewed. I am so sorry about the confusion. Your dad and I are taking care of this today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that made sense when I said do not not get your prescription filled...in other words, DO get your prescriptions filled!!!!

    ReplyDelete