But lots of things happened in December!
The first couple weeks of the month were just finishing up school and getting done with finals.
I conquered finals and did the best I could have done to get the grades I needed. Success! It was an intense semester. I had 15 credits of super busy classes with a part time job...and a boyfriend...and I moved! Did I really balance all that? No...with the Lord, I balanced all of it. He helped make it all possible. And I am so grateful for a good semester.
By the time break started Kyle headed to CA and I stayed behind for work and to spend Christmas with my family. I worked everyday Monday-Saturday our first week of break. It was intense and busy and I was worn out. It hadn't felt like my break had started quite yet. But I was still grateful for no school work to worry about.
By the 22nd, all of my roommates had gone home and I had the apartment to myself. It was nice for like one day, but after that, I was wondering when everyone would finally come back! I felt like the only one left in Provo and it wasn't that much to be here and no one to hang out with.
Luckily, my family is just in Salt Lake and after I worked on Saturday, I was packed and outta Provo to go stay with them the next week because I got most of that week off! Hooray!
Christmas Eve and Christmas was a joy of glorious food, white elephants, games, presents, and family! I actually enjoyed Christmas being on a Sunday because it started the day out right of going to church and being reminded of the purpose of the Savior's birth and how grateful I am for his sacrifice. It helped keep a feeling of love and peace throughout the day that was very happy.
Mom and Aaron
They sure love their mom!
Caden will be the next BYU football star!
Scarf I got Scott
Sharlynne's donut maker. She wanted donuts for Christmas.
A door mat Emily made Rebecca and Andrew for their new house
Apples to Apples!
Throughout the week after Christmas my family and I caught up on all the holiday cinema that hit the theaters and boy those were some good stuff. Tin Tin, Mission Impossible, and Sherlock Holmes. All I would recommend.
Towards the end of the week it was finally time for Kyle to come back to Utah!!! He traveled back safely and boy was I on cloud nine to see and be with him again. You're thinking that's mushy, I know, but I'm telling you how it is.
However, I wasn't just sitting on my behind and watching movies and eating my Christmas candy on the couch the WHOLE time..
I actually applied to a job at a physical therapy office in Orem at Mt. Timpanogas hospital. I was called for an interview. It went well. Then I was called for a second interview. That went well also. THEN I was called because I WAS HIRED! I am now a PT Aide at Sports and Physical Therapy. I no longer am working at the tie store. My last day at the store was last Saturday...it was nice for something temporary, but it's helped me move on to something better! (Three cheers inserted here!)
It was a good break and some good changes to introduce the new year with!
I love hearing about breaks but come on if you are not going to talk to me I at least want to read the details on your blog! ;)
ReplyDeleteOhhh and you should have called me, I was in Provo most of the break!