Sunday, January 29, 2012

The Proposal

Here it is! (Finally time I share it right?)

I think I would like to give you two versions of the story. One from my (Brianna's perspective) and one from Kyle's perspective. I feel they are different and it would be fun to hear from both of us! Kyle is still slowly working on his...I know he is about half way done, but I'll put my version up for now and post Kyle's later so you aren't left in the dark any longer.








According to Brianna:

It all happened on Saturday, January 7, 2012. It had actually snowed the night before (for the first time this winter really) about 2 inches. And throughout the day it was snowing lightly here and there. My plan for the day was to go over to Kyle's apartment complex to wash clothes because it is cheaper to wash clothes there than at my complex. And then just be with Kyle until I had to go to my last of work at the tie store that night at 6. While I was at Kyle's apartment waiting to switch my clothes to the dryer, his roommate Garrett and his girlfriend Brooke were there also. It was actually Brooke's birthday. As I was talking to Brooke and Garrett they were "supposedly" just waiting around for Garrett to finish some things before they went out to go do stuff for Brooke's birthday. When my clothes were ready to switch to the dryer, Kyle and Garrett left to go "get some things for Brooke" and I went to switch my clothes. After I got back from the laundry I just talked to Brooke until Garrett and Kyle came back. Not long after they got back, Brooke and Garrett left to go do "the birthday festivities." No sooner Garrett came back into the apartment forgetting something "for Brooke." He grabbed a blanket for Brooke (there was snow outside, Brooke had a dress on earlier, so didn't seem weird to me) and went to his room and carried something out in the blanket "for Brooke." I thought it could be like a present or something, I wasn't analyzing anything. Kyle and I waited around until my clothes were finished from the dryer. When they were done we agreed earlier that we would go get lunch from Kneaders. Kyle said he was craving it. We eat there every so often and it was where we went on our first date. But didn't seem like anything new to me and I didn't eat breakfast so I was really hungry. We also agreed we would get the food to go so we could just chill and eat back at the apartment. When we left, I had to get my clothes and Kyle said he needed to go to the restroom really quick and that I could go get my clothes then meet him at the car. So I did. And Kyle was there by the time I finished getting my clothes. When we went to Kneaders it was about 12:30 lunch rush hour, so Kneaders was busy. We kept looking at the desserts while we waited in line cause I was really hungry. When we ordered, they asked what name should we call? Kyle said, "Brianna." Ok, no big deal, I really didn't catch a hint on this at all. It seemed completely normal to me. While we had to go sit on the other side of the room, Kyle went up to go "look at the desserts." When they called my name a couple minutes later, they gave us our food and gave me a piece of paper that said, "The Amazing Race: Brianna" on it! I really felt like I was on the show! haha. Anyway, I was just in shock really and kept asking Kyle what it was. He said to read it, so when I finally did, there was a clue inside (via picture). I knew right away it was Rock Canyon Park that we needed to go and kept asking him if we were really going there. And yes, yes we were. Duh, Brianna. When we were pulling up to the park, there was snow starting to lightly fall and it looked so pretty and white. When we pulled up to "our spot" under one of the trees there were some blankets and candles and a note (more like letter) he wrote me with a dozen red roses. Now the idea, obviously, was to eat lunch there, but it was snowing, and things were getting wet, so we left the food in the car. But we walked to the blanket and I kneeled down on it while I read the letter. After I read the letter, I gave him a hug and a kiss saying thank you for everything. Now, by this time I was thinking he would want to propose now, but....there was someone staring at Kyle and he was not about to do it with a lot of people around. These people were sledding and going to leave in their car that was parked right next to ours, so it was just waiting for them to leave. Since Kyle wasn't doing anything, and the people hadn't left yet, I suggested we pick up everything before it gets soaked or too wet. So we did, Kyle was hoping the people would leave by the time we put everything away. And hallelujah they did leave when we finished. However, I was about to get back in the car because I didn't know for sure now if he was still going to do anything. But Kyle grabbed my hand before I could open the car door and said, "Let's go on a walk." We just walked back up to under the tree and he told me some sweet things about how he feels and then before i knew it he was down on one knee and said, "Brianna McKown will you marry me?" I was just shaking my head up and down and then answered "yes." He put the ring on my finger and we hugged for a while and looked at the snow falling down so beautifully. Garrett and Brooke were in on the whole setting up the blankets and candles and stuff the whole time. It was really nice of them to help Kyle with it all. And they sure fooled me! It was crazy to think I was engaged! But it was perfect. It was romantic and fun and the only day it snowed! I have an Amazing fiance, the Perfect ring for me, it just makes me feel like I am living a dream he makes me so happy! That seems pretty special to me. Then the rest of the day was filled with calling family and telling friends. Long day, but a great one that is unforgettable!

1 comment: