Monday, November 28, 2011

Week of Thanksgiving

There was a finally a break from school. And it was needed. As always, the break goes by way too fast. But being busy ensured that it did go by fast.

I moved the weekend before and later that week my stuff to my new apartment in Carriage Cove. I could have not done it all myself. Kyle was so kind to help me clean while I finished some packing. My new again/old roommate Christine was super nice to bring another guy from the ward/my new ward and herself to help move my things in her car and help pack my car. While I finished cleaning, Kyle took my car and followed Christine to the new apartment to start unloading things. It was a very pleasant surprise to see that when I came to the new apartment late that night, I was half expecting everything to be just piled in my room. However when I walked in, Christine, Kyle, and a couple of people from the ward had finished moving everything and neatly moving things around my room. Kyle had even already made my bed for that night. Christine had also put away all of my food. It was really sweet. I was so grateful and definitely knew by then that I am supposed to be here! I am settled in now, and it has been a blast so far. I am not worrying so much about how dirty it is and feeling overwhelmed about cleaning everything myself, I am just more relaxed in general. Woot!




Well, the next day after I moved in, Kyle and I packed up and headed to my G-ma's in S.L. *Funny side story, I just had a dream last night about my family being in the car with my grandma driving, and I thought I was going to die! My grandma likes to drive fast, so I was scared and gripping my seat belt for dear life! Haha, we love her.
Anyways, the next day we all woke up and got ready for a hike that morning on Thanksgiving with my mom and brother. We drove up to Bells Canyon and it was windy and cold! But it wasn't that bad, so we hike about 4 miles? (pretty flat and easy, phew!) and left in order to get back in time to start prepping food for Thanksgiving! We had the dinner at my Aunt and Uncle's house up the street from the Grandma's. Total there were about 30 of us with most of the extended family on my mom's side. Kyle has never had Thanksgiving like that before with that much family and he said it was like a clan. But he still enjoyed it. We had so much food and pies, but it was delicious of course. The best part I hear was apparently Kyle and Scott's "belly dance." Where they just poked out their full tummies and danced around.
Yeah, that's Thanksgiving for ya. It's just relaxed where you eat and chat.



The next day after Thanksgiving my mom, brother, sister, and Kyle, and I all went out to eat at the Old Spaghetti Factory in S.L. It was pretty yummy. Then we went to go see the Temple Square Lights that were lit earlier that night. They are always pretty and must see every winter in Utah. Then we had to hurry and leave to see the Muppet movie at Gateway. It was really funny and liked by all of us. So I recommend seeing it.

***

All in all, it was a Happy Thanksgiving!

I am grateful for a great family who is close and I am able to go do things with. Even though we act like we get annoyed by each other, we still like to spend time together. I am grateful for a new apartment with friends who are supportive and fun to be around and that I am comfortable with where I live. I am grateful for Kyle who has helped me through all of it and encourages me all the time that I can do whatever I think I can't. I am grateful for the little flecks of blessings in my life that I try to see daily. I know those little flecks are important in adding to become the nuggets of blessings I have actually received.

No comments:

Post a Comment