Most of you know, but a couple of weeks ago Kyle broke his finger. A good fracture on his intermediate phalange of his 4th finger. He was playing intramural flag football. Tried to pull a flag and his finger was twisted and hit. It was quite the event. In the ER the doctor had to reset his finger and splinted it for the time being. Kyle later went to a hand specialist and told him the dreaded news that he needed pins in order to let it heal correctly. So in surgery they gave him 3 pins and they are still in there. Luckily, he was just recently looked at again and they gave him a smaller wrapping and he buddy tapes his finger to his pinky. Seriously, that thing he had before was massive. But he still has some pretty long pins sticking out of his finger and he gets them out November 29! Gross I know, but I'm excited for him to not be in so much pain anymore. He hardly ever complains about it, but I can tell sometimes. What a tough guy.
Also, some crazy news to go along with this crazy week, I am moving! Tuesday I plan to be officially checked out and moved out of the Riv. I'm heading to a new place called Carriage Cove with my old roommates Christine and Chantel. The new apartment is pretty spacious, the kitchen is twice as big as the one I have now AND I get my own room. That is going to be so nice. I need a desk in a room, so I will sit down and do my homework. Right now I am at a counter which is by the kitchen, so it's distracting if ya know what I mean. Also, it will be nice to have a change and be with friends that I already have. Yay!
So right now I am grateful for new opportunities and that the semester is almost over! It's been quite the year with a lot of changes still happening and crazy obstacles, but in the end you know it is all worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment