Saturday, March 12, 2011

I remember...

I remember...

One night where I went over to Matt's house on a school night just because.

(For the record, I had finished soccer practice and all of my homework)

Well, we were just chit chatting as usual, and I don't remember the exact topic, but I think it was the subject of my family moving, me going to college that fall, and him going on his mission.
And it made me cry...pretty hard. Because back then, I was scared, like usual.
And I remember, when I was crying, it made him start to cry!
And I was thinking, "oh no, what did I just do! I am making a guy cry! In front of me. This has never happened before. How do I handle this?"
ha. ha.
Well, I'll tell you how I handled it.
I gave in and was thinking, '"ok, we'll just cry together cause I can't hold myself together anyways, how am I supposed to help him do that!"
So it was the first time I saw him cry, and cry sincerely (? if that makes sense)
because it made feelings feel more real that, "oh dear, he cares about me, he cares about us!"

Well, where I am going with all of this is..
after we let out our little break down fest,
we both talked and agreed that even though we knew we were going to be heading some separate directions soon,
we would TRUST and BELIEVE in ourselves
that by pursuing the things that are good for us individually,
we would support one another.
And that will help keep us together.
And that is what we have been doing.

And after we were done crying that night,
what I remember most
was how we took funny pictures
and laughed so much more than we cried.

:)

19 months down today!
Time, you have my permission to keep moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment