Monday, March 07, 2011

Late Night Rambling

Today was one of those days that I just needed to hear from Matt.
I was being a little grouchy and I knew he could soften my heart.
And he did.
Not only did I hear from Matt, but looking for those precious little impressions and feelings from the Holy Ghost everyday is what keeps me going by knowing, I hear from my Heavenly Father too.
There are so many things in life I am uncertain about.
and it's going to take time to see how they work out.
But it's scary!!!

I guess I'll catch you up to date,
I'm pretty vague sometimes, ok A LOT of the time, on the blog, and I realized this is not what I want to accomplish here. I want to be open.
I am not a writer either. I am not interesting! I'm not witty or clever or philosophical with words. I'm just word vomit everything. So for those who still read, thanks for hanging in here!

So in a nutshell...up to date...

I don't know where I am going to live in a month and a half. My cousin is living at my grandma's and the only place for me to be would be sharing a room with my mom or sleeping on the couch and living out of my suitcase the whole summer and not being able to go anywhere because I have no car and be confined to little Holladay pretty much. Or I can find a full time job and live in provo spring and summer and have easy access to bus and walking to work if possible. And have my own place and own bed. Or I have applied for an internship at Del Sol and I have my first interview this Friday!!! I would work in a different state for the summer and earn money and experience life on my own for a little while. I have always been in the same state with family. So this is something I feel like I need to learn to do by being more on my own and a little more independent. I really really really want to do this. Please pray for me to be able to have the opportunity!

Friends. I can't decide if it's better to shut someone out of your life for good that hurt my feelings pretty bad. Especially when this person still tries to talk to you. It's so confusing because you know the good in them because we had good times together that we laughed and we've cried. But then they just say they don't want to be around you anymore? Huh?! Stab my heart. That hurts. My walls just get put up even higher and more sturdier next time. I question every word they say and question their sincerity if I believe they even have any left. I question what our whole relationship was about and if it was even a true one to begin with or was it lies from the beginning? Can I forgive but not want them to be a part of my life ever again? Or by forgiving, they should be allowed/or I should allow them into my life again?? I'm slow at making friends to begin with...and it just proves to me how hard it really is. And I was putting myself out there. And I just got hurt. I don't want to crawl back into a turtle shell. It's taking a lot of strength to try and stay out of it right now. Because by staying out, I'm vulnerable to maybe new friends who could do the same thing to me. Again.

I don't know where to live in the Fall.

I don't know what classes to take in the Fall.

I am absolutely in love with a guy that I haven't seen in over 18 months. I get scared because sometimes, ok more than sometimes, I can't remember what it's like to be around him. He'll be a somewhat different person when he gets back. Holy Cow, I know I'm different. What will he think about me? How will I feel around him then? We'll be apart again in the fall. Probably see him for like a couple days when he gets home and then apart again we'll be. Will I be able to handle it? Over Christmas break, some family members brought up their concerns about Matt and I's relationship...they are just scared too. They don't want me dating seriously in general because I'm "the baby." I love you family, but we'll see. I'll do what makes ME happy still. And you'll have to support me in it because you love me too. And you don't know Matt like his family does or how I do or know how I used to feel around him no matter how I try to describe it.

Can I really make it to be a physical therapist? Accomplish my dream to help others the way I want to help them? Sometimes when I am walking across campus, I just picture myself helping someone learning how to walk again. Giving them a high five. Laughing with a client. Just making them smile. And helping them believe in themselves. But I need to learn how to believe in myself if I want to know how to teach others how to do that for themselves.

sigh.

*****

I have a testimony of the gospel and I know that Heavenly Father lives and so does his Son Jesus Christ. I know all things are made possible because of the atonement. The sacrifice that Jesus was and that Heavenly Father made to allow me to make the best of my mortality. I know I am a daughter of God and that this life is for joy. My testimony is what I am certain about.

*****
SueƱa con los angelitos

3 comments:

  1. Girl, you got a lot on your plate. I may not always know the right answer to every problem, but do want you to know I'm listening. I'm here anytime you need me. Or gone whenever you want me to go die in a hole, or something comparable to that. ;) Love ya! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bri,

    You are thinking about all the right things. This is a difficult stretch of life and you are doing the things you need to be doing, growing, stretching, loving, and learning. Your dad and I are super proud of you and think you are doing great!!

    I hope (hope, hope, hope) you get the job you want. I think you are right, that it would be a great experience for you to live in another state, away from family. But if that does not work out, please know you can live with us for the summer. Carla should be gone, but even if she isn't we have another bedroom. We live a block from the bus stop and within walking distance of lots of businesses, restaurants, etc... With a bike, you can get just about anywhere you want to get in the city, except for up north to the Liberty area, I guess.

    Only you know what is best for you, but please remember we are here and this is an option. It's peaceful and comfortable here, and you will have as much space or as much company as you want.

    Congratulations on doing such a great job in your classes! Your dad keeps telling me about all the A's you are getting. It sounds like you have found your groove! That is super cool.

    Have a great weekend! Give the grandkids a hug for me when you are there.

    Love,

    Roberta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Stephanie! You're always reading my blog and being here for me! I need to see you soon! You are the best!

    Thank you so much Roberta! I know I have a wonderful family who is always here for me. I really appreciate the hospitality and support you and my dad show me! It means so much to me and keeps me going when I need it. I know I can always go to you guys with concerns and problems and telling you about the good things that are going on and you'll be excited for me too! I'm trying hard to find out and do what makes me happy and find out how I can grow more and try new things. I always appreciate the advice you and my dad have and how it helps me learn. Love and Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete