Friday, February 11, 2011

Song

I have a friend that is having a hard time, and it's not easy to watch people you care about go through hard things...and I couldn't help thinking about how they are feeling and the way it's making me feel...so I wrote a poem/song...(so cool if I could get it to be a song)..to try and get all my worries out so I won't have to think about it as much...and hopefully offer some hope.


Where it goes


There are so many things I wish I could say

Because there is so much more to how I am feeling.

My heart is separating

It’s all I can do before I break.

Maybe I’m already breaking

Cause I still feel the pieces

Falling out of place


There are still some spaces you left open

I want someone to fill them in again

I am learning to trust

Just because the pieces may have fit,

It doesn’t mean it’s where it goes.


I tried to climb your walls

To see what was on the other side

You let me try

But you just weren’t ready

To take down your defenses

That was built by someone else


I let you stop me

I put away my conviction

I accepted defeat cause we both knew

This was something we could not conquer


There are still some spaces you left open

I want someone to fill them in again

I am learning to trust

Just because the pieces may have fit,

It doesn’t mean it’s where it goes.


You try to pretend

You don’t know why you feel the way you do

So you go on thinking you know how it’s supposed to


I see you struggle and fight your feelings

You can’t figure out how you’re supposed to feel

But sometimes there is no way in explaining


There are still some spaces you left open

I want someone to fill them in again

I am learning to trust

Just because the pieces may have fit,

It doesn’t mean it’s where it goes.


You say you just want to be alone

But I can’t leave you

Cause you are a part of the beats of my heart

And every other thought

That wants everything good for you


I wish I could figure out this complicated mess for you

So you could know how you really feel

And see what’s real.


I still see what you are going through

My heart is separating in two

Between going to where you are or staying within me

I would put all your pain in me to see you go on happy


There are still some spaces you left open

I want someone to fill them in again

I am learning to trust

Just because the pieces may have fit,

It doesn’t mean it’s where it goes.


You are still a light I see that I can’t let go

But sometimes strength comes from letting go

To search for what we trust

Will be something more


But I still go back because I want to search with you

It’s twisted because I know what is right and wrong

But it’s because I can’t stop loving you


There are still some spaces you left open

I want someone to fill them in again

I am learning to trust

Just because the pieces may have fit,

It doesn’t mean it’s where it goes.


I hope I am a light that you can still look to

That we can find one another when you are ready

And live like we used to.


There are still some spaces you left open

I want someone to fill them in again

I am learning to trust

Just because the pieces may have fit,

It doesn’t mean it’s where it goes.


There are still some spaces you left open

I want someone to fill them in again

I am learning to trust

Just because the pieces may have fit,

it doesn't mean it's where it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment