Ay, Ay, Ay
I don't even know where to BEGIN.
Well, yes, I do,
Today marks 2 years for Matt & I!
Holy cow I can't believe it.
Especially since the fact that I realize and that EVERYONE seems to point out is
that Matt & I have spent more time apart than we have together!
Now if that doesn't prove something about how awesome of a relationship he and I have already...than, you'll just have to wait until he gets back to see it for yourself.
I wish I could post pictures showing you new times we have spent time together within the last 18 months, but no can do.
HOWEVER,
I do have the letters to show though.
And the letters just show how we are each learning about ourselves and how we are growing and what we struggle with and just being there for one another even if it is 3000 miles apart. I am so grateful for those letters because it makes me grateful to go back and see how close of a relationship we have because we talk about EVERYTHING. Whether what we talk about is something we would want to hear or not to hear,
we're just so grateful to receive something from the other.
And what I value is how he teaches me by his example and from what he's learned.
He is someone that encourages me to be better.
Yes, we both have made and make mistakes.
But we both learn from them and we support each other so much in our goals and what I love is that I can tell he really does want to see me succeed and do my best.
He's there to pray for me, teach me simple things that I overlook, calm my worries, willing to help any way possible, and remind me to have fun!
Seriously, on bad days I imagine his smile because it usually seems to be the happiest smile I have ever seen. And it makes me smile as well.
Dating has helped a lot. What I see in some guys there are some of those same qualities, but then there is just something else is lacking.
Trust me, I don't look for what is lacking, it just pops out somehow.
So it just increases my gratitude for Matt in my life.
I do get teased mercilessly and weird looks for "waiting" for a missionary...
but whatever! I'm learning I can't please everyone.
I need to be making good choices that make me happy.
And I can honestly say,
Matt makes me happy.
I don't even know where to BEGIN.
Well, yes, I do,
Today marks 2 years for Matt & I!
Holy cow I can't believe it.
Especially since the fact that I realize and that EVERYONE seems to point out is
that Matt & I have spent more time apart than we have together!
Now if that doesn't prove something about how awesome of a relationship he and I have already...than, you'll just have to wait until he gets back to see it for yourself.
I wish I could post pictures showing you new times we have spent time together within the last 18 months, but no can do.
HOWEVER,
I do have the letters to show though.
And the letters just show how we are each learning about ourselves and how we are growing and what we struggle with and just being there for one another even if it is 3000 miles apart. I am so grateful for those letters because it makes me grateful to go back and see how close of a relationship we have because we talk about EVERYTHING. Whether what we talk about is something we would want to hear or not to hear,
we're just so grateful to receive something from the other.
And what I value is how he teaches me by his example and from what he's learned.
He is someone that encourages me to be better.
Yes, we both have made and make mistakes.
But we both learn from them and we support each other so much in our goals and what I love is that I can tell he really does want to see me succeed and do my best.
He's there to pray for me, teach me simple things that I overlook, calm my worries, willing to help any way possible, and remind me to have fun!
Seriously, on bad days I imagine his smile because it usually seems to be the happiest smile I have ever seen. And it makes me smile as well.
Dating has helped a lot. What I see in some guys there are some of those same qualities, but then there is just something else is lacking.
Trust me, I don't look for what is lacking, it just pops out somehow.
So it just increases my gratitude for Matt in my life.
I do get teased mercilessly and weird looks for "waiting" for a missionary...
but whatever! I'm learning I can't please everyone.
I need to be making good choices that make me happy.
And I can honestly say,
Matt makes me happy.
Good for you girl. It's going to be so good to look back on the past 2 years of "waiting" without any regrets. And you're right, you can't please everyone :) I'm happy for ya! It sounds like you're really figuring it all out. Just in time for them to come home, huh? HA!
ReplyDelete