Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Tender Mercies


Let me just say...

I am so grateful to My Father in Heaven and His Son, Our Savior, Jesus Christ for their mercy and incomprehensible infinite love for every single person.
And that includes me.
Sometimes, I don't remember that.

**

Last week was rough,
I was ready to pack my bags and leave byu forever.

**

However, this week I have been working on humbling myself and because of doing that, I have recognized blessings in ways that put a warm feeling in my heart and a smile on my face.

Even though my smile only lasted for an instant, it mattered.
Even though my blessings didn't fix my problems, it helped strengthen me.
Even though I am not perfect, I am loved.

Love from our Heavenly Father and Savior is what gives me the motivation to endure.
Enduring and diligence is part of the test.
And this is one test I cannot fail.
What's your motivation?

**

I also express deep gratitude to and for my many good friends from Missouri, here at byu, and whom are serving missions.
Thank you for being my friend.
You are answers to my prayers.

**

One of my best friends, Elder Phillips, said it well when he wrote,
"Bri, You are a very special daughter of your Heavenly Father.
Keep your chin up, mate."


1 comment:

  1. The small little things in life that just make me genuinely smile. Especially when they come unexpectedly. That's what motivates me. :)

    I love you Bri! :)

    ReplyDelete