An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward, so when life is dragging you back, it means that it's going to launch you into something great.
I posted this quote because it is giving me the motivation to keep going right now. If you think about it, in five (short) years I have lived in 3 states. Missouri, Utah, now California. However, when I knew I was going to marry Kyle, I had to know (and everyone knew it too) I would end up in California one way or the other. ;)
However, this post is to kind of vent and remember all the things I am missing.
The things I am missing right now:
FALL
Fall Decorations!
(Someone send me some? We don't have money to buy them...)
Cooler Weather
Wearing my sweaters!
Rain
My couch
My Family!
My Nieces and Nephews!
My friends
Making Money
Gandolfos and Sensuous Sandwich!
La Jolla Groves (Kyle and I's Valentine's day tradition)
My dentist, they were the nicest people!
(Don't get me wrong, I am not a fan of going to the dentist)
Knowing my way around town and knowing what places are the best places to go to. For example: Grocery stores, no Price Choppers, Hyvees, Smith's, Macey's, etc.
Clothing stores such as Maurices, Downeast, Deseret Book (to get Mormon "stuff")
MLS Games
The news stations: not very good here and the weather is especially boring. haha
More than one temple to go visit
There were a lot more people our age in our community
Orem's BIG Target
BYU Sporting Events
Being able to unpack all of our boxes
Things I am learning/finding:
The Ocean
The Beach
The San Diego Temple
TACOS/Mexican Food
Sushi
Panera!
It cools down at night to the 60's
Some humidity!
The City
Disneyland
(though still haven't gone yet)
The Vallarta Market
(Hispanic market that smells and mostly everything looks delicious)
Buffet House
(sushi, Asian buffet)
We are joining a co-ed soccer team
We are joining a co-ed soccer team
The in-laws have a swimming pool
We live with/by Kyle's Family
We live closer to the friends that live in SD also
Professional sports: Padres and Chargers Games to watch
(Utah had neither)
A huge mall
Cruisin' Grand
Grand Ave Restaurants to try
San Diego Zoo and Safari Park
I could probably go on and on for each list, but I keep hoping something will happen soon job wise and to figure out what to do with my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment