Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Happenings

It has been a busy October month. Feels like it's flown by compared to September, which I am ok with. The faster it goes, the sooner we are done with school! Recently, it's actually felt like we have a life besides school. It's really true when the patients at work tell me life just gets busier and also advise me to never get old. Haha.

So here is what's new:
-new glasses
(this photo is of request from Dad, it's right before bed/waiting for midnight registration/why the picture is small)

-shopping: Kyle and I hit up the mall when some big fall sales were going on because I needed pants. 2 pairs of my jeans have ripped in the crotch area. One like a month ago and another like not too long ago. I had had those pairs of jeans for 2 years or so, so I think it was just wear and tear cause I wear the same size and such. Not to mention: I do some leg presses at work when I'm bored, so maybe I'm just too strong? Yeah, I wish. But we got me some pantalones. We also got Kyle his long time wish for a pea-coat. We were at TJ Maxx, walked by, price to good to be true, last one and just the right size, Kyle says it was fate. But we got one just in time, cause winter is making it's way to Utah already! Lame, but Kyle is actually looking forward to it because he really wants to wear his favorite coat ever. And I also ordered an insulated pea coat from on line cause their was a sale, then their was a coupon, and it was too good to be true price and we had been looking for a new coat for me, so mine should be come this week in the mail! Yay, for being warm this winter. I hear the snow we didn't get last year is supposed to come back with vengeance this year. So we are prepared!

-Tests, tests, tests, and more tests....let's get this over with already!

-Kyle's friend had a birthday and we celebrated with him and other friends at Tucano's for lunch! The all you can eat meat in one meal...sure is a man's heaven, I don't think I quite understand it.

-Rachel came into town from Idaho and she was so nice to fit us into her schedule for a little visit. Sad to think, but it may have been the last time I saw her before she leaves on her mission in February! But funny story, when we went to have dinner with her, she learned that night that I do not like most fruit! Haha, we're always laughing and trying to not get into trouble.

- We joined the 2nd relief society and 2nd elders quorum intramural volleyball team in our ward! Kyle is super good at volleyball and I can at least serve. They need girls, so I decided to stay on the team. We lost our first game, but whatever. It would be nice to win so we can go to tournament and play more games, but we'll see how it goes. Our second game is coming up!

-Our relief society and elders quorum again had a BBQ before the BYU v ND game last weekend. It was fun because there were Jdawgs, and we got to practice some of our volleyball skills! And I threw a Frisbee over the fence, but Kyle heroically retrieved it and even got an applause from bystanders. Go hubby! Sadly, BYU lost the game. I'll call it the 4th quarter curse to be nice and not blame people.

-Our tv broke. One day it just wouldn't turn all the way on. Luckily, called the tech support people, we have a warranty, they came out and fixed it, it's working again! But still, when we had no tv for almost a week, we almost felt cut off from the world. lol.

-We gave our first talks in our new ward recently. However, we showed up to church all prepared to talk and our names were not on the program. Kyle goes and talks to the Bishop about it, then the other couple who were supposed to give their talk the week after us came to talk to the Bishop. Their names were on the program instead of ours. So they were freaking out more because they didn't have talks prepared because they were supposed to talk the next week. So Kyle and I still spoke and all was well.

-Kyle's dad was in Utah on business and stopped by to visit us! My in-laws just recently went to England for a visit and brought us (more me) back chocolate! Can you say Cadbury? Still love the Swiss and their chocolate though, they are hard to beat.

That's our life and I'm so glad I get to spend every day of it with my husband.


No comments:

Post a Comment