Saturday, September 22, 2012
Here is how our day went:
We had to go run some errands today.
First Stop: Target.
We went to pick up lettuce and sour cream for Family Sunday dinner. And while we were there, we picked up my friend and old roommate, Nadia, a birthday present because today is her birthday.
While at Target, I saw the cutest one-sies for babies that are BYU themed.
My SIL and BIL, Michelle and Ryan, just had baby Riley and my SIL and BIL, Whitney and Ian, will have baby Adelaide in about a month.
We realized we had not gotten either of them gifts. Well, these one-sies were too cute to pass up.
So we got one for Riley and one for Adelaide.
I completely would have gotten one for Andrew and Rebecca, but we don't know what gender their baby is yet.
Anyway, then we checked out of Target.
Second Stop: Dick's Sporting Goods
We went to go look for a racquetball glove for Kyle. He is in a racquetball class and his hands just tear up holding the racket, so a glove would help his skin not get so blistery.
While looking for said glove, we walk by someone signing autographs and a line of people down the aisle. As we are about to walk by, I stop Kyle and ask, "Is that Jimmer?!"
Kyle says, "No....(I point to him)...Yeah."
So we keep walking because we have nothing for him to sign for us.
But then I stop again and say, "Let's have him sign the BYU one-sies we just bought from Target!"
Brilliant idea if I do say so myself.
So I rush to the car, and by the time I get back with the one-sies Kyle is in line already.
While in line, we found out that Jimmer could only sign one thing per person and we could not take pictures with him. Lame, I know.
So we sacrificed getting an autograph ourselves for being the Best Aunt and Uncle in history!
When we got up to Jimmer, here is how our conversation went:
Me: "Hi"
Jimmer" "Hi"
Kyle: "Hi"
Jimmer: "Hi"
He starts signing the onsie I had, but was hard to sign on fabric..
Me: "Sorry it's hard to sign"
Jimmer: "Yeah, it's alright!"
Next one-sie
Kyle: "Can you sign on this number?"
Jimmer: " Yeah, I'll sign on the number"
Me and Kyle: "Thanks so much! Nice to meet you!"
Jimmer: "Nice to meet you too."
Yeah, we were a little star struck, but what do you say and not sound cliche?!
So I just stuck with the cliche Hi, nice to meet you. Haha
But still it was pretty awesome.
Jimmer was really friendly and nice and looked genuinely happy to meet us. So that made us feel cool.
And we totally made those one-sies worth a lot more money than what we bought them for!
Here are our pictures:
Go BYU!
Dude that is SO cool!! I knew he was going to be there, but I had my hair appointment in SLC!
ReplyDelete