These pictures depict our 4th of July hike. We thought it would be like 3 miles there and back...it was more like 5! We started at 8 and didn't get back to the bottom until after 1 pm! So yeah, that explains why we think it was like 5 miles. Blech...
Even though I was grumbling that morning and afternoon walking up and down that steep rocky trail and I threw up like a 1/2 mile from getting to the lake....yeah no bueno.
Upon going home in the car I was appreciating the diverse and bounteous country we live in, it's no wonder that The Lord had his hand in creating and preparing it for us fortunate people who live here, and fortunate of being free to roam and explore. It proves he did and always does have a plan for us on this earth.
This I am thankful for.
Lake Blanche: Big Cottonwood Canyon
We reached the lake, yeah you can tell I threw up earlier...
3 days or so after the 4th of July we went to a Salt Lake Bees Baseball game. As we were walking to go get tickets a car stopped in the middle of the street and asked us if we wanted free tickets! Of course we said yes, so we got 4 free tickets. We were fortunate enough to see a home run and then there were some awesome fireworks after the game. My sister and brother in law invited us to go with them. My brother in law's sister and her husband and their 2 girls were there, as well as his brother.
The Bee's stadium
No comments:
Post a Comment