Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Recent Travels

I haven't posted about the wedding yet...cause we're getting our pictures back this week
so I figured it would be a more interesting post with pictures.

So about 3 weeks after we were married, Kyle's best friend and former roommate had his wedding in SD.
So we car pooled with friends Eric and Hannah and their 8 month old Lincoln and headed south.
It was very hard to make the drive again when we just did it 3 weeks ago, but what can ya do.
It was a fast weekend arriving Friday and leaving Sunday Morning. We tried to rest Friday and we finally got to go in Kyle's parent's new pool. It was relaxing and then we went out Friday night to Cruisin' Grand  where you go meander among and around old and new cars for show. After Cruisin' Grand we went to Mike's BBQ (Thanks to Michelle & Ryan for that gift card).

Saturday morning was the wedding, I forgot my recommend to get into the temple because I'm not used to it yet, so I was extremely upset i went down to San Diego specifically for this reason and thought I would not be able to go in. However, luckily technology  is advancing and the church has made use of it and the temple was able to look me up and say I was good to go in. It was fun to not be the center of attention and relive the similar memories of our wedding just 3 weeks prior. 

Pictures took a lot longer after the ceremony than everyone expected, but when we were finally able to leave we were starved and went to Kyle's and his family's favorite Mexican restaurant, Los Charros. We were all exhausted and just relaxed until the reception that evening. It was great to go enjoy the reception and not be the center of attention. That was my favorite part.

Our ONE picture we got in SD all weekend. (Pathetic I know. I really need a phone with a good camera. A lot easier than carrying a phone and a camera)

By the time we headed home Sunday morning and arrived in Provo late that night, Kyle and I were home for only 2 days before we headed to Missouri.

*****

Already exhausted the plane ride went ok, but never our favorite part. We were very happy to be in Missouri and with family. It was also added fun with my nieces Annika and Sharlynne staying with Dad and Roberta. It made it very busy, but they are fun to be around no matter what. It was Kyle's first time in Missouri, so I was excited and overwhelmed with trying to show him around and show him as much as possible. Since we had a time limit of how long we were able to stay in Missouri, we mostly did a lot of driving around and me pointing him to what this and that is. So I wish we were able to have taken our tour a little slower. All the more reason to go back though. Dad and Roberta sure made us feel at home again.

The open house was fun, I was worried people would forget since we were married a month ago, but more people showed than I expected. Almost all my friends from high school came and seeing church friends I grew up with is just as fun.

Now, I'll just let the pictures we were able to get speak for themselves.


We went to the KC temple




Liberty Memorial downtown and the WWI museum below it



Kyle wanted to visit the Jail


Annika left me little note



Sharlynne and Annika got washable color stripes in their hair




Annika took pictures of the flowers at the garden


Artsy sculptures in the garden


Sharlynne & Kyle are pretty much Best Friends


No comments:

Post a Comment