So here is a taste of what I saw and ate in Chicago!
If you are familiar with Facebook and friends with me on Facebook you can see all of my Chicago photos. (I really need to get a photo bucket album type thingy).
I went to visit my really good friend Jessica who is going to school at the Art Institute of Schaumburg (a suburb of Chicago). She is studying graphic design. She is seriously amazing.
She is so creative and talented.
She was so kind to take and go with me to all of the touristy attractions.
There is so much random art and sculptures around the city it was fun to turn a corner and see a massive sculpture just there by the sidewalk.
It was great weather too. A little humid, but when you're in the mid west, you expect that.
We went pretty much everywhere we could, there are still some things I want to go back to like the Science museum, the planetarium, and the art institute, but it's ok.
While I was there, I went to the Skydeck at Sears/Willis Tower, ate Chicago stuffed pizza (amazingness!), went to the Shedd Aquarium, Field Museum (full with dinosaurs!), the Navy pier more than once (amazing fireworks and churros!), rode the first ferris wheel in the world, rode on a rickshaw, don't forget the water taxis!, saw The Bean at Millenium Park which also has the famous water fountains with the faces. We rode the train (la Metra) a lot to Union Station. That was always fun. We also lounged at her apartment pool and ordered in Chinese and watched movies. I got sick with the cold the second day I was there. It was a bummer, but I got plenty of sleep and rest while Jess was at school on Thursday. I made a new best friend named Eloise, aka Ellie. She is Jessica's little kitten. She is adorable, cuddly, and very playful. When flying home, I was traded seats with a guy to ride first class because he wanted to sit with his family. Don't mind if I do! They give you so much food for only a 3 hour flight! The blanket and pillow were amazing since I was still stuffy with my cold. But I was for sure the youngest person sitting up in first class. It was still fun though. My airplanes were never delayed or late, so it was smooth flying and a lot of fun!
Thanks for everything Jessica!
We had a lot of great conversations and it was so good to see her!
She is one of the people I can talk so easily with. She is one of my best friends!
So, All in all, it was worth the hard work to pay for myself and visit Jessica!
I can't wait to go on another trip!
Paris here I come!
No comments:
Post a Comment