Thursday, February 24, 2011

You go to 'Vagus' on the tenth X cranial nerve















Recently I've been hearing a lot about Vegas. Yes THE Las Vegas, Nevada. The place.
And recently I've been hearing about Vagus in Anatomy.
Sorry, I have to make as many connections as I can so I can remember everything.

Welp,
Yadda, Yadda, everyone had a 3 day weekend.
As my anatomy ta so pooperishly put it...the last 3 day weekend of the semester.
Noooooo....
It's all about persevering now!
No spring break cause BYU gets out early.
But bring it on!
I'm so ready to be outta here already.
Don't know why, but I had a feeling this semester was going to challenge me.
And it's kept it's promise.
It's just had a lot of unexpected challenges that have happened and are happening that are more to NOT do with school than I thought.
But I need it.
I need to make grow up some more.
Make some more decisions on my own and make bigger decisions for me.
Learn to trust me.
And recognize the blessings.
I've recently been feeling like...ok..I'm going through these difficult times...
when are things going to work out??
But it's His timing...not mine.

Ok, well that was WAY off the subject of what I am going to blog about.
Everything earlier just came out like word vomit.
I know, not a pretty picture.
Sorry about that folks.

Well...back to Vegas, or Vagus, or Vaygus (one of my anatomy ta's believes in creative spelling. not the best idea for a class that requires correct spelling. lol.)

Well, here was the rundown..
Saturday morning left for the 6 hour drive ahead.
Got to the strip by 5 or 6 Pacific time.
Settled in and then went to get some grub.
can you say....BUFFET!
Yeah, that is what I said. Buff-it. lol.
So stuffed couldn't even breath...walked it off for 7 miles in all on the strip just taking pictures of everything and anything.
You can't do much on the strip but take pictures because you either have to have a TON of money to see a show..like cirque de soleil..(sigh)...or choose to drink and gamble.
So not much there on the strip. Kinda lame for a Mormon, but I'd rather it be somewhat lame than doing something I shouldn't be doing.
Some of the drunk people did make me nervous.
We were walking as fast as our tired feet could carry us back to the hotel because we stayed out way too late on the strip. (like 2 in the morning...scary!)
Woke up and threw up in the middle of the night...that buff-it and all that walking and being overly exhausted are what I blame it on. At least I fit in with the Vegas crowd I guess...I'm sure I wasn't the only one who threw up that night considering all the drunk people I saw. lol.
Went to a lovely church by the temple the next morning.
Walked around the temple after church. It was prettier than I thought.
Has a gorgeous view too.
Next Stop:
Hoover Dam and the "Hoover" Bridge!
Favorite part of the whole va-k right der.
Pretty awesome experience and views!
We saw part of the inside of the dam taking the tour to see the generators and such.
We walkedo n the bridge too.
Powerful stuff, I was impressed.
My brother and I were cracking dam jokes too. We took a packed 40 people elevator ride for about a whole 40 seconds and it was the best dam elevator ride. And went on the best dam tour. haha.
Proxima:
We ended before dark and went to chillax a little at the hotel. Walked around the enormous place also. Seriously..those buildings are ridiculous. Got some food while walking around. And people were looking at us funny. I don't know why...I promise we dress normal! I think we stand out too much because they can tell we don't drink or gamble or something. lol.
Monday Morning:
Headed out and went on a little hike. In the snow.
Only like 1,000 yards...but you can only go so far in the snow in tennis shoes on a mountain.
Then headed to Moapa and saw my Aunt and Uncle.
They have a farm...and it's lookin' good!
Then went home.
I was so tired...but it twas good.
The End.

1 comment: