Saturday, December 18, 2010

Grinch Post

This winter break is not off to the jolly start I was hoping for.
Actually, it did start off pretty well because I did well on my finals.
And I was happy!
The hardest part is pleasing the parentals though.

No matter how hard I try to express my enthusiasm about how happy I am.
They just don't seem quite as happy for me because I didn't do as well as they were hoping for.
I truly felt accomplished and felt like I did my best,
but once I share the news, my best never does seems good enough.

I've also come a realization that having divorced parents is down right difficult.
When you are lucky enough to have both parents in your life that love you even after the divorce,
Holidays are the worst when it comes to planning on who to spend your time with.

Let's just say overall...
I wish I could do something right for once.

3 comments:

  1. Hang in there Bri. One of the hardest things in life is accepting that you can't be all things to everyone. If you passed your classes you did well enough! I know it might seem like it is coming from someone who is married and doesn't understand but trust me when I say it is never too early to start thinking about what you want the holidays to look like when you have your own family. Step by step progress to get there. Start with little things that you can do yourself. Like I told Emily with wedding stuff. Pick the things you really want and stand by them the rest can come and go as you feel or don't feel like. We love you---more than you probably know. WE have a pretty good idea what you are going through. Seek the Savior out and the rest of the path will smooth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rebecca! I was kind of hoping you would see this and understand what's going on. It's always good to know I have my siblings to rely on. I love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Bri, I am sorry for that! :( You are a WONDERFUL person and you have A LOT going for you. I hope that things work out and I WAY excited to see you in a couple weeks!! Be strong, have fun and shop, shop, shop!! :)
    LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete