Some Ways Physics Has Blessed My Life
Made me some Awesome Friends
Including:
-Austin Jacobs
I cannot recall how many times he was my Guardian Angel. He tutored me whenever and made time for me. He had patience with me. He never thought less of me when I could not understand. He always believed in me. He became one of my best friends through his help and friendship. He was there from the beginning and stayed reliable. He is on a mission now, and even on the mission, he sends me letters of encouragement.
-Steven Hallam
He helped as best as he could when he could. When Austin wasn't available, he cheerfully offered to help me. He made me feel better when he couldn't figure the problem out either. But he is so smart, I knew he really could do it if he really wanted to figure it out. He made me feel welcome at his and Austin's apartment since I was there ALL the time for homework. lol. And he always knew when to suggest to eat the ice cream or brownies. :)
-Colten B.
Oh Colten....hmm...he makes me laugh a lot. Which is much needed when the majority of your stress comes from frustration in that class. It's kind of funny...I feel like we think a lot alike, yet we are so different. I notice we think in some of the same ways or have the same way of learning. That can make doing the homework difficult sometimes, because then we both don't understand the same thing...but we have some the same values about working hard and never giving up. That's what's so good about working with him because I know he won't whimp out on me. He is reliable. He is way smart too. I'm so jealous. I really want to learn how to be as self-disciplined as he is. I admire that about him.
-Jeff
The first good friend I made in one of my freshmen classes. He made it seem so easy to just say Hi, let's work and get through this together. I mean, who could say no to that kind of introduction? I couldn't, and I didn't. lol. He works very diligently and is way smart. He taught me the importance of consistency. He was willing and wanted to work with me which made me feel helpful and of use at the least. He also was willing to be my friend outside of class and get to know me and not just use me to help him get his homework done.
-Mark
Mark, Mark, Mark. We just realized we were in the same class like a month ago. haha. But it is awesome to know I can look around the class now for someone to wave to. You are so smart too. I don't know how you do it. Thanks for all the help in the physics lab. You are always so willing to help without hesitation. I can tell you care about the people around you. You just rock. And you make me laugh too, you are a just a goof ball, in a good way.
Teaching me about faith and trust
-I won't know what happens until the end. I have literally failed over and over again, yet I pass in the end. Who knows how this will end.
Never giving up
-Each week I never want to do an assignment or a quiz or take a test once a month, but somehow I end up accomplishing it anyway.
Sight
-This is a literal physics blessing actually. Contacts. The shape and power of my contact allows me to see. I only have one good eye. So I am grateful there are contacts that actually exist that correct my sight and allow me to see.
****
Yep.
I think this has given me reasons enough to keep trying.
No comments:
Post a Comment