Mid-term week in college is torturrrre....
Especially when you still go to class,
still have homework,
still have to eat and sleep,
and still have to study for 5 tests all spaced within 7 days.
It's just a drag and it makes me exhausted.
It happens every semester and I go through a cycle of feeling like I can't do it all because I'm not that intelligent of a person and re question how I even got accepted to byu in the first place?
Well, after feeling sorry for myself and expressing my feelings to a good friend he knew just what to say,
"Its actually advice from my grandpa and I really enjoy it. He says, "When I was about your age I use to be terribly impressed with clever, intelligent people. As I've grown older a strange things has happened-I have come to prize kindness much more than intelligence in people." Of course there is nothing wrong with being clever or intelligent (as long as they're not misapplied) but things are much safer with kindness. Real love can never be wasted or misapplied. Kindness can never be applied to a bad end. I know for a fact that you are one of the kindest people I have ever known..."
I guess I forget that there are more important things in life to value than grades. I should not be judging the type of person I am by my grades. Pfftt...it sounds so stupid right now because it was ridiculous thinking! ha.
I cannot thank him enough for being my friend. I love friends who always know the right things to say. Thanks for reminding me people don't really look at me based on my grades, but there are more important things valued in me.
No comments:
Post a Comment