Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Pain is Worth it

WARNING:
If Your Name is Becca Aamodt Millard, you are not allowed to be on this site until After Saturday August 14th. I am posting a picture of your wedding gift and would love to keep it a surprise. So resist temptation and please honor my request. If you do end up scrolling down. Read your scriptures, Learn about Obedience, repent, and then come back after August 14th.
Love you Becca.


*******


Ok, so I couldn't wait to post about this project I decided to do.
My sister-in-law Rebecca knows how to etch mirrors. And when she etches mirrors, she does them as wedding gifts for close family and friends. And on the mirror she etches the words and picture:
For Time and Eternity
(a picture of the temple the couple was married in)
The couple's first names
The date they were married on.

It's a pretty big project because it's on a pretty big mirror like a 22" in by 26"in. But apparently my mirror was a little smaller. (haha Rebecca)


Anyhoo, there are a lot of steps that are very time consuming.
It took me the whole day...let's say...8 hours total from start to finish.
It's pretty detailed with the drawings and the fancy cursive that is apparently super hard for me to etch. I felt like a kindergartner learning how to write all over again. lol.

Anyhoo, after sore knuckles and sore elbow and a raw finger and somewhat sore eyes,
For a first timer, I was happy about the outcome.
I appreciate Rebecca helping me a lot with this and i don't know about her, but I enjoyed her teaching me and I love learning new crafty things.
However, I know understand why she only does it for close family and friends.
And I am glad Becca picked a temple (St. Louis, Missouri to be exact) to be married in that was simple in drawing the details.
For example, much simpler than something like Salt Lake. Or I would still be working on it.

I really hope Becca likes, no LOVES, this because I don't think you understand how excited I am to give it to her. I love giving gifts that have meaning especially if you can have a part in creating the gift.


I won't point out the mistakes to you and let you just admire how perfect you think it is. lol

1 comment:

  1. Um, I love this. Who wouldn't?? I think she is going to absolutely love it. :) It turned out awesome!! If I did something like this for someone, I would be super excited to give it to them too. :)

    ReplyDelete