Friday, September 05, 2014

FBF: Part 2: Jan-March 2014

January, my cousin Alice was married to Seth. We went to their reception in Kaysville. I remember it being snowy and cold that night, but their reception was nice and warm inside the church. Everything was beautiful and Ali looked beautiful. Also, it was James' 1st Birthday in January! He was very unsure about his cake for a while but it was cute. When he was sure about his cake, he just picked the whole thing up at once. Glad we were there to celebrate with him.



Emily had a coupon for the Midway Ice Castles. It is exactly what it is called. They build a castle with ice and icicles. It was pretty busy, the castle is like a maze, and it is slippery, but the experience was still really cool. We went earlier in the afternoon before dinner time, so after it got dark we were hungry and went to a pizza place where they bake the pizzas in the stone/brick ovens. It was also busy there, but the pizza was delicious.








February, on Valentine's Day Kyle and I went to La Jolla Groves at The Gateway in SLC. We have been going to La Jolla Groves for Valentine's Day every year since we got engaged. It is a fun tradition and something to look forward to. We had a coupon for ice skating at the Gallivon(?) Center, so after a delicious dinner, we went ice skating. It was actually a warmer night for February and a lot of people were there skating. But we still had fun because it is an outdoor skating rink with Christmas lights.

The end of February and March, I decided to see an ENT to find out what I am allergic to. My allergies are year round no matter where I live, but decided it would be nice to find out if I need allergy shots in the future or what to do to manage them better. I found out I am allergic to EVERY most common grass, tree, and wheat in Utah. Also, sadly I am allergic to cats. The ONLY thing I was not allergic to was DOGS! My arms blew up like balloons and the doctor just said, "Yep, you're definitely allergic to everything year round." Thanks doc. I am definitely a candidate for immunotherapy for allergies. However, I will have to wait til we have more money and find out where we settle down some day because where ever we end up, I will have to know what I am allergic to so they can "immunize" me with the shots or they have these mouth drops now. So for now, the doc said just keep taking allergy pills everyday, Flonase, and I have an air filter. Fun stuff.

Then in either February or March, the Chinese acrobats came to BYU. The tickets were pretty cheap, so we thought we would go. It was fun because there was a lot of stuff I had never seen before. I think the juggling parts were my favorite. They did a lot of that with their feet!





Oh, and we cannot forget when Kyle and I got our first car together at the end of March! I am still in love with our car and very happy with our decision. It teaches me more responsibility with money and care for a vehicle. Grateful that we were able to work towards saving and putting money towards a car and making our dream a reality. It is a 2014 Mazda 3 Hatchback. 


Well, I think that about sums up our winter in 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment