Sunday, October 07, 2012
The Little Prince
As I sit here typing a paper on poverty, my thoughts can't help but keep turning to the gratitude that fills my heart of how much I am blessed with. I really do have and love all of my family, my husband, and the opportunities I am blessed with by a loving Heavenly Father daily. I'm even starting to cry because I feel like I don't take the opportunity to show my gratitude enough. I get frustrated so easily with discouraging things that when things don't happen the way I want them to or even as quickly as I would like them to. I know I am a better person than that. In conference this weekend we were reminded more than once to be better disciples of Christ through our actions of service to show him we really love him and focus on things in our life that matter. Twice in conference The Little Prince was quoted, "The essential things are invisible to the eye. They can only be felt by the heart." I hope to focus my life more on those things that matter more now that Kyle and I are our own little family. Family, friends, and people are worth more of my time than my to-do list. I know by putting the gospel first in our lives, our Savior will help us accomplish the rest. I am grateful for the opportunities I have in my life right now, to be happily married, to be close to graduating college, to be able to work and serve where I work, and to have the gospel help make me a better person. In time, come what may, and be grateful for it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment