Monday, September 20, 2010

Our Kind of Love

We received a very short "note," I would not call it a letter at all, from Matt today.
He is now serving as a District Leader.
He seems a little nervous because he just wants to do his best and do everything correctly.
But he is one of the greatest people I know and has worked hard and continues to push himself and work harder all of the time.
So even though he will be even busier now,
he has the opportunity to progress even more.

I am not going to fool you or myself,
but I was being selfish and was frustrated with this news.
I was happy for him, but it felt unfair to me.
I kept thinking...he'll be even more busy and he won't write to me anymore.
This is already hard enough!
However, low and behold when I complain,
I get a little personal email just a tad bit later.
His emails always make my heart race. in a good way.
It's crazy to think that over 3000 miles away and through an email
we can still make each other happy.

Even though this whole experience has been difficult, is difficult, and will be difficult it is those precious impressions and feelings every now and then that confirm this experience is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment